We are situated right in the heart of Transylvania – between Sibiu (65 km), Medias (15 km) and Sighișoara (45 km). Alma-Via Guesthouse & Restaurant is very easy to find following our directions.
Please use the below map for guidance and click on “directions“ to find your way to us! The road is paved all the way to our front door. However, parts of the road might not always be in the best condition. Drive careful.
Directions for travelling by car
Directions coming from the West
Driving from Sibiu
You have two options. Either the northern route, or the southern route
- The northern route is preferable when travelling without daylight, because the road is newer and has less potholes. Nonetheless the drive will take a bit longer than the southern route. Expect about 1,5 hours until you are in Alma Vii. Directions are very easy: head out of Sibiu on DN 14 until you are in Mediaș. Right where the main road takes a sharp left to go over the train tracks, you must take a right turn in direction to Agnita. Then you only need to turn one more time to the right to get to Alma Vii.
- The southern route takes less time and is more scenic. You leave Sibiu on DJ 106 and follow the road until Bârghiș. There you take a left turn in Direction to Mediaș. When you see the sign for Alma Vii you take a left turn.
Driving from Budapest (Hungary)
- You should take the M5 direction to Szeged. Then Arad, Deva, Sibiu (see above)
Directions coming from the North
Driving from Cluj
- Our route suggestion is to keep left after Turda in order to get to Mediaș from the north (Ludus, Târnăveni, Bazna, etc…)
Driving from Târgu Mureș
- Also take the route to the northern Mediaș entry by driving the Târnăveni, Bazna route
Directions coming from the East
Driving from Sighișoara
- Stay on DN14 until Șaroș pe Târnave. Take a left and continue through Biertan and Richiș until you reach the three-way junction where you must decide which way to go. There you take a right direction to Mediaș. Next turn will be left to Alma Vii
Directions coming from the South
Driving from Bucharest
- Our suggestion is A3 to the north direction of Brașov. Then follow our Brașov route suggestion
Driving over the Transfăgărășan
- If the road is open, you might want to drive over “the road to the sky” through the “Transylvanian Alps”. Afterwards, just keep north direction to Agnita and Mediaș until you can take a left to Alma Vii
Directions for travelling by Train
Please find train schedules etc here:
Directions for travelling by Plane
The nearest Airports:
- Sibiu – ca 81 km
- Târgu Mureș ca. 73 km
- Cluj – ca 149 k
Rent a car
There are many opportunities to rent a car. Give us a call to discuss.